Check out the High School Facebook Page for current events, pictures and news updates from the Principal.KHS Facebook Link
Knox High School is a wonderful school that has seen success in a number of areas and we continue to be excited about sharing enriching experiences with our students. We feel that it is important to keep the line of communication open between the teachers of Knox High School and the parents of the students that attend. Our staff is committed to excellence and we know as a team with parents we can create an environment that allows many opportunities for our students to excel. I wish to thank you and our staff for making such an important positive difference in the lives of so many of the district's students.
Dr. Elizabeth Sanders Ratliff
Knox Community High School awarded an "A" grade by the Indiana Department of Education.
This is a distinction the school has been awarded for 2012, 2013 and now for 2014. KHS would like to thank our outstanding students, truly inspiring teachers, great parents, supportive staff, and an amazing community for all their work helping our students achieve success!
News, Slides & Pictures
School Pictures from Special EventsKHS School Blog
KHS Web Albums
Classroom Presentations and Special Eventshs.knox.k12.in.us/index.php
Knox High School Blog
Congratulations to the tennis team. They are the HNAC Champions. All players placed first in their bracket. They are:
#1 Singles - Eian Coad
#2 Singles - Sequoya Elder
#3 Singles - Jacob Heineman
#1 Doubles - Ethan Cooper & Jake Krueger
#2 Doubles - Corey Hackler & Jonathan Tolson
Congratulations to #1 Singles - Eian Coad and #2 Singles - Sequoya Elder for winning their matches at sectionals. Eian advances to the singles state tournament with a school record of 17-2.
Congratulations to Seth Hernandez and Cade Krueger for being named all conference in cross country. Congrats also to Lindsey Simpson for being named honorable mention.
Congratulations to Eian Coad for winning the first round of tennis state finals 6-2, 6-1. This increases the school record in a season at #1 singles to 18-2. Winning at this stage ties him with Corey Clemons (1999-2000).
Congratulations to these cross country runners for advancing to regionals: Seth Hernandez, Cade Krueger, Sophie Flora, Olivai Doty, Lindsey Simpson, and Hailey Thompson.
US News BEST High Schools Award
National Rankings Best High SchoolsThe U.S. News rankings include data on more than 19,400 public high schools in 50 states and the District of Columbia. Schools were awarded gold, silver or bronze medals based on their performance on state assessments and how well they prepare students for college.
Mission, Vision & Beliefs
Whatever it takes, Knox students are worth it!
Knox Schools are schools of choice where all students learn in a comprehensive, rigorous, and technologically current educational environment. Student-centered programs develop leadership skills and the individual interests of the students. Students are supported by personnel with high expectations and integrity.
Effective communication, positive interactions, and transparent, fiscally responsible decisions form a relationship of trust and respect between the school and community. Prioritizing and maintaining a safe, productive learning environment make Knox Schools a source of pride in the community.
Knox Community Schools Believe:
- All students can and will learn.
- All students will receive a quality education that challenges them to reach their maximum potential.
- The curriculum will be comprehensive, rigorous, and relevant for all students.
- All personnel will promote a vision of high academic achievement.
- All personnel will be persons of integrity.
- Effective public relations promote collaboration, accessibility, trustworthiness, and respect between our school and the community.
- Resources are utilized to create a safe and productive learning and working environment that strengthens our school community.
- School facilities are maintained to promote a clean, safe, and efficient learning environment.
- Technology will be utilized to increase student achievement, enrich curriculum, and prepare students for the future.
- ECAs reinforce lessons learned in the classroom and enhance the educational experiences of our students and create a focus of community pride.